“Shut the windows, draw the curtains, keep the rumour out!” Curtains are the beauty hanging in the home, apartment, and office. It can also safeguard your private life from others. It is indeed a differentiation line between you and the outside world.
“Cleanliness is half of faith”, or, “cleanliness is next to godliness.” Yes, we believe all but care a few. Curtains are a very important part of your home, flat, apartment, and office beauty. But you know and we know as well, everyday curtains get dust, stains, allergens, dark spots, oils and grimes, and wrinkles. They prevent inside of the house and office fresh from polluted air, dust, and smells of outside.
Let discuss the best ways to home curtains cleaning and answer the questions that arise in your minds.
What equipment and materials you will need?
- Mild dish detergent for hand-washing
- Mild laundry detergent for washing machine
- Washing machine
- Large sink and basin or tub
- Pressing cloth
What points keep in mind when Home Curtains Cleaning?
You have to clean or wash your curtains one day or another day but the question is what things to keep in mind when washing curtains.
- Check the label before laundering any ready-made curtains. If washable,
- Remove your curtains from the curtains rod and remove all hooks carefully.
- Remove another laundry from a washing machine and place your curtains there so they can move freely during washing.
- Gently hand wash your curtains if you wash them in the tub. Add some laundry powder to the tub or washing machine.
- Take time so they can absorb some water then swish and rub them around gently.
- Keep the washing machine on delicate mode or hand wash lightly. Choose the cool or warm cycle so the curtains don’t get any shrinkage and damage fabric.
- Don’t use hot water in any condition it will damage and cost you very high.
- Now, get the wet curtains from the machine. Hang them straight because it prevents creasing. And after washing in the tub then squeeze the excess water carefully. Hang the curtain on a clothesline outside until the extra water drips off.
How to get rid of wrinkles out of Curtains?
Sometimes you will face wrinkles in your curtains and then you don’t need to washing and washing the machine. Here you will approach and use different techniques to clean and look for new and fresh curtains.
- Buy some best assurance wrinkle releaser products from the market. Read instructions one by one.
- Spray the wrinkled spots with the wrinkle releaser. Get them dry.
- Repeat the treatment after 24 hours if spots still appeared on the curtains.
- You can also try half and half of water and vinegar in a bottle. A different option must be on the table.
- Use a handheld steamer to remove wrinkles from the curtains. Fill the steamer with water according to the given instructions and then spray on the wrinkle areas from the top to bottom.
- If you have an iron with a steam setting, fill it with water and turn it on. Hold the iron 6 to 15cm away from the fabric. Keep in mind 3 to 5 seconds is best to steam each wrinkled area.
How to clean your curtains without taking them down?
Sometimes you don’t have much time for home maintenance because of busy the schedule. In this scenario, you have also many options on your table to select one of them.
Vacuum Your Curtains
Buy the upholstery brush for your vacuum cleaner or buy some long and soft brush attachment. Now, hold firmly the step ladder and a handheld, and go carefully. Keep the suction low on curtains, and try to get suck every part by upholstery.
Clean curtains with a steam cleaner
Well, using a steam cleaner will not only clean but sanitize your curtains and with this, it will also iron those parts that have creases. Start steam cleaner at the top of the curtains rod, and then blast the steam into the fabric way down. Moreover, open your windows during steaming so that ventilation does its work properly and air dry completely.
Onsite Curtain Cleaning Sydney offers onsite curtains, drapes, and blinds cleaning services for residential like homes, flats, apartments, and commercial like offices, hotels, and halls for the customers’ convivence and satisfaction. For this, you don’t need to bring your curtains, drapes, and blinds of any kind and in any condition in and around Sydney.
When will a curtain require more frequent cleaning?
Well, it completely depends upon curtains fabric, condition, and quality. Generally, your home curtains cleaning every 3 to 6 months should be appropriate for most interior household requirements. Here, we recommend some the tips to play a crucial role in your home curtains decoration:
Fabric curtains are very soft and can trap very common allergens like dust, pollen, pet hair, dander, and mould spores. If you are allergic or someone in your family, then Home curtains cleaning must be a top priority on the household list.
Smoke particles from cigarettes, cigars, and pipes are also trapped in curtains fabric. These will turn your curtains into the yellow and strong smell of smoke in your house, so, make sure your home curtains cleaning in a month.
Live near the sea
Sea view has their joy when you live near sea then salt is not your friend but salty sea air will affect your house curtains very deeply. We recommend you the hard-wearing curtain fabrics are your best choice under these circumstances, and home curtains cleaning is a must!
Benefits of Home Curtains Cleaning
- No Shrinkage
- No bad odour
- No risk of the colour run
- No downtime
- Anti-dust mite
- Curtains fabric will look the same
- All kinds of stains, dust, allergens, and spots removed
Prime Curtain Cleaning is the Australian known company for home curtains cleaning, blinds, and drapes of any kind and in any condition. We offer all kinds of services including onsite especially for commercials, offsite for residentials (also provide onsite on demand), dry cleaning, steam cleaning, deep steam cleaning, curtain pressing and maintenance. For more inquiry call us on 0435 9529 64 today!